As part of their never-ending quest to document record-breaking achievements, the people at Guinness World Records have created a video series focusing specifically on Japan.
Called “Japan Tour” this series, which currently has seven episodes, focuses on anyone or anything from Japan, that has either broken a world record or would like to attempt to break one. The series features a fascinating mix of both humans and non-humans, including the man with the world’s largest Hello Kitty collection, a modern-day samurai, a tennis playing robot and a whole lot more.
Check out the seven videos below. The videos are organized in a list style, with the (in my opinion) most interesting record breakers at the end of the list.
7. Football freestyler ‘Around the World’ tricks challenge
6. Extreme speed skipping
5. Breakdance record attempts with ASHITAKA
4. Largest collection of Hello Kitty memorabilia
3. Table tennis playing robot breaks world record
2. Martial arts master attempts katana world record
1. Maru – The cat with the record for most watched animal on YouTube